Inovo is a strategic innovation consulting firm committed to helping companies in all industries find significant new opportunities, create new businesses, and enter new markets. Our approach combines individual research, team brainstorming, close client interaction, and critical thinking to find compelling growth opportunities for our clients. We are currently recruiting for the following positions.
Innovation Analyst – The Inovo Group – Ann Arbor
Are you interested in joining one of the most future-oriented consulting firms around? Do you have strong client-facing and organizational skills? Do you enjoy conducting quantitative and qualitative research and analysis? Do you have an engineering or science-related background, and enjoy being involved with cutting edge technology and innovation? If so, this might be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
About the opportunity
The Innovation Analyst role supports client engagements through project coordination, technical research and writing, and other administrative activities that facilitate flawless client service.
Key job duties include:
- Primary and Secondary research – Building an understanding of markets, technologies and opportunities through online research. Finding organizations and individuals who hold valuable knowledge and gaining insights by engaging with them directly
- Opportunity creation – Using knowledge of technologies, market needs, and existing solutions to conceive of new possibilities
- Business analysis – Using critical thinking and market analysis to paint a quantitative and qualitative picture of possible business options
- Communications – Crafting a compelling narrative and concisely conveying the essence of an idea or an opportunity
- Project coordination – Assisting team members with running projects, including: maintaining client project research repository for the team; scheduling and coordinating team meetings; arranging one-on-one interviews with subject matter experts; and other responsibilities as directed by the project team leader.
You have boundless curiosity about the world, and an ability to understand what technology is capable of. You are skilled at rapid learning, and are unfazed by complexity and uncertainty. You know that the best insights come from information that is incomplete or even contradictory. You are creative – able to see and combine unmet needs and novel solutions to imagine new business opportunities. You would love an analyst role where you can be growing and learning. You know that meeting client needs is a must, and you will do whatever it takes to meet deadlines and deliver an outstanding work product. You want to use your talents and labor to help the world’s largest companies become the best version they can be.
People describe you as:
- Thirsty for knowledge and smart as a whip
- Highly organized
- Technologically savvy
- Having strong people and team skills
- An excellent communicator in both verbal and written language
- A dynamic presenter
- 2 – 3 years of coordinating projects in technology services or related field
- Strong client-facing skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of market research concepts and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science is a plus
- Experience with technical writing or science journalism is a plus
- Open to occasionally traveling for client meetings (about once a month)
- You must be authorized to work in the United States (work visa sponsorship not available at this time)
* Salary will be commensurate with experience
If you are interested in being considered, please contact Courtney at firstname.lastname@example.org to send your resume (or LinkedIn profile) and a cover letter. Resume’s without an accompanying cover letter sharing why you are interested in a position at Inovo will not be considered. At this time we are seeking local candidates only or those already planning to relocate to the Ann Arbor area.
Freelance Contractor – Research and Innovation
The Inovo Group is looking to qualify new freelance contractors as candidates for upcoming projects. We are a management consultancy helping large, technology-oriented companies find and develop transformational growth opportunities. Our network of contractors is an essential part of how we serve customers and accommodate demand for future innovation projects. We are looking for individuals skilled in things such as secondary and online research and MS Office tools (e.g., Excel, Word and PowerPoint), with the ability to grasp new software and tools quickly.
We’re always looking for talented individuals to join us in our pursuit to “own the unknown” — To lead and to serve where the future is at stake and knowledge is scarce. We foster an environment that encourages us all to be inquisitive and listen for understanding, challenge our own orthodoxies, advance the ideas of others and create a fun and fulfilling workplace. Inovo works collaboratively to discover, design and pursue strategic innovation opportunities and future insights to our clients.
Contact Courtney at email@example.com