Building Startup Collaboration into Your Innovation System
Join us at the marcus evans Tech4 Innovation conference on October 24-25, 2018. Brian Christian, Co-Founder and Managing Partner of the Inovo group will be presenting a case study on Building Startup Collaboration into Your Innovation System. In this talk he’ll discuss:
- Why startup collaboration is becoming an essential part of corporate innovation systems
- Current landscape of corporate/startup collaboration
- Obstacles to effective corporate/startup collaboration
- Various modes and models of corporate/startup collaboration
- Client case story in the pharma industry
Innovation driven by Science, Technology and People
Combining analytics and empathy, design and systems thinking, effects and experiences, technology possibilities and individual needs and desires
Future, Strategy, Domain
Preparing for long-term growth by seeing what’s next and understanding the possibilities of strategy and future opportunity.
Discover, Incubate, Portfolio
Generating a constant throughput of high quality opportunities that create long-term growth above and beyond the incremental.
People, Operation, Organization
Establishing a system for discovering, incubating and accelerating strategic opportunities that are uncertain, complex and ambiguous.
Deep and broad experience
Understanding multiple industries, technologies and their possibilities, people's wants and experiences, and the innovation ecosystem
- Generation, Transmission, Storage, Use Energy
- Devices, Drugs, Insurance, Systems Healthcare
- Systems, Equipment, Tools, Processes Industrial
- Air, Sea, Road, Rail Transportation
- Feed Stocks to Advanced Components Chemicals & Materials
- Production, Distribution, Consumption Food & Agriculture
- Machine Learning, IoT, Networks, Mobile Information Technology
- Other Industries Learn More
We collaborate with clients in any industry. Our basic principles, innovation approach, processes, methods and tools have proven effective wherever technologies enable new possibilities, people and companies have unmet needs and desires and companies desire to accelerate their growth with opportunities beyond incremental and sustaining.
- Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
- Semiconductor and Electronics Manufacturing
- Consumer Electronics and Components
- Building and Construction
- Service Industries
- Education and Non-profit
- Any industry that uses technology to deliver what people want
- Digital Transformation
The world is being transformed by digital technology. Software is truly ‘eating the word’ and it is causing major disruption and providing major opportunities. Many consultants can tell you what these technologies are and how to use them, but precious few can help you find the transformational opportunities that come from these game changing developments.
- Operational Innovation
An important but often overlooked aspect of success is transforming your internal operations for a new world. Operational innovation identifies opportunities to change your company’s behavior – everything from manufacturing methods to new operational and organizational approaches – to compete in the future world.
- Business Model Innovation
Business Model Innovation
A business model defines the rules your company plays by. All too often, these rules are not explicitly listed or understood – by you or your competitors. Being able to identify the existing ‘rules of the game’, and consciously changing them, is the key to business model innovation. From a business model canvas to a detailed ‘go-to-market’ experiment, innovating your business model is a true source of innovative advantage.
- Innovation Management Systems
Innovation Management Systems
Your innovation system is the way your company innovates. All too often, companies do not have an explicit strategy, design or development plan for the system of innovation they wish to create within the corporation. Whether it’s designing from scratch, re-engineering portions of the system or just tweaking around the edges, conscious attention to your innovation system has a tremendous return on investment.
- Product & Service Innovation
Product & Service Innovation
The bread-and-butter of a company’s innovation efforts. Whether you call it Horizon 1, 2 and 3 or sustaining, evolutionary and transformational innovation, you need to be proficient in creating all three of these types of opportunities – consistently and efficiently.
A rigorous approach - proven over decades
Based on scientific research and advanced analytics, tested in the real world
The Inovo Group’s core principles underlie our approach to helping clients discover and pursue strategic innovations. Strategic innovations are the horizon 2 and 3 opportunities that deliver future growth above the sustaining innovations that drive baseline growth. We specialize in innovations that create new products and services, new business models, and new ways of operating that create the future of existing enterprises.
We guide clients on their innovation journey using a proven process built upon a rigorous, flexible, effective foundation: our ADOPTS™ framework introduced in 2003. It consists of a continuously growing and improving set of processes, methods and tools for every innovation situation. Our core iterative deepening paradigm strengthens the learning and creative aspects of innovation, where the unknown and uncertain are ever-present.
The Inovo Group at A Glance
At the forefront of innovation since 2001
- 0 Clients
- 0 Innovation Projects
- 0 Opportunities Created
- 0 Size of Engagement Network
- Inovo develops the Iterative Deepening paradigm September 2004
- Inovo completes its 50th client innovation project August 2008
- The first Strategic Innovation Summit is held September 2011
- Inovo partners with Growth Science and launches its Innovation System services November 2016